Friday, September 30, 2011

Crazy Kathmandu!

Well I have arrived safely in Nepal! First off, I have to say, that I saw Mt. Everest, along with 4 other peaks, popping out from above the clouds from the plane!!!! Pretty stunning! When i saw that i realized the whole trip was worth while! So--Kathmandu....This city is nothing short of insane! Motorcycles, scooters, trucks, vans, cars, bicycles, pedestrians, stray dogs, pigs and cows all trying to share the same tiny roads going whichever direction they please, and honking at one another constantly! It is nuts! Despite all the craziness of the city, it feels good to be back on the road again, where $5 gets you food and lodging for the night, every bathroom is BYO TP, there are people from all over the world to be met and exotic food to be eaten! I am most definitely looking forward to getting out of the big city! Tomorrow I am heading to Pokhara, a smaller town where there should be good Himalayan views! I found some people to do big hike with, so in a few days I will be off into the mountains to do a hike that should take anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I am very much looking forward to that! I am also planning to do the everest base camp trek while i am out here, not sure when exactly but im sure ill get to it! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome, dana! i wanna do the everest trek. sounds fun!
    love ya
    jonny

    ReplyDelete