Sunday, September 12, 2010

New cultures and old freinds

My last two weeks in New Zealand were really amazing. I got to travel up the country, just stopping at various places to visit the freinds I have made along the way. I have a freind who works at a ski resort so I got to go skiing for free! That was really awesome...it is always better when its free.. :) I got do do one last great hike with Adam and ended the day at some hot pools under the stars..it was a prefect end to a long day of hiking! After leaving Adam, I made my way up the coast, spending some time on the beach and making some freinds who insisted on me coming and staying at thier holiday home with them!! I crossd with the ferry up to the north island and visied a freind in Wellington for a few days, then spend a few days in Taupo visiting Macarena (met her in Te Anau...i think i have written about here before...) Maca took me on an awsome bike ride by some waterfalls and to hot springs just in the river...it was great to see her and catcxh up on all the girl talk :) I spend a night with Adam's family and then headed back to northland, where i started my trip in NZ. I satyed with my first WWOOF hosts again...it was hard to beleive that it had been a year since i stayed with them!! It was great to catch up on the last year and share my expereinces with them.
Visiting everyone was a lot of fun and a great way to spend my last few weeks in the country. It was a bit of closure i guess you could say...but it was definately hard to say goodbye! NZ was one of the best times in my life and will never forget it or the people/ experiences i had there :)

Arriving in Thailand was abit of a shock to my system because it is so HOT!!! It has been great to see Mandy,Jim and Stephanie. The food here is so amazing...the streets are lined with stalls selling amazing food and freash fruit...it is awesome!!! We decided to go north from Bangkok..the other day we rode our bike almost 40kms to see some old ruins of lots of temples...it was amazing!! I have made it pretty far north now, on the west side close to the border of Burma. It is a small town in the mountains so we will do some hiking and see some more Buddahs!!!!! My internet time is running out so i have to go :) Love and miss you all :)

1 comment:

  1. Dana! I am so glad you are having such a wonderful experience traveling and experiencing life and the generousity of giving, loving, warm, human kindness! May this always be a gift you can see in others and learn to give back in time. Enjoy your trip! Love to you always! Your gift of a smile and good cheer are enough for some...be of good faith! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete